All new companies that want to thrive in today’s 21st century marketplace face a similar question: “How do I choose a web design firm?” Choosing is not an easy task. Whether you are a small coffee shop or a medium-sized retail outlet, if your business is looking to build a website, you will want a website that reaches people from Warminster to Bristol.
You could choose a larger web design company that has international clients but the fact is, by choosing a firm like Media Components that is headquartered right here in Bucks County, not only will you be able to drive to their offices to speak with them in person, they will also understand the challenges of reaching people who live right here in Bucks County.
One of the better reasons for choosing a Bucks County-based web design company is that your service will be superior to choosing a faceless international firm. You can’t just pick up and fly out to California or you have issues or concerns with your service, but if you choose a web design company in Bucks County, you will know you can go right to its office and talk to the owner face-to-face.
Not only that, but the company will know your audience as well. This will come across in the final product. It’s those little things that really drive business, and if your website caters to your customer’s needs, it will show up in you wallet at the end of the day.
Before you pick up the phone and put down a deposit on a web design firm, follow these simple steps to make the most informed choice and thus make the largest profit in the long run.
- After you have Googled several companies and have a list of which ones to call, check out each company’s portfolio first. Most good web design companies will have examples of their best work prominently featured on its website. By browsing through a company’s portfolio, you can get a feel for what your website will look like when it is finished. If their portfolio mainly serves customers in your particular niche, all the better. This way the firm will know the ins and outs of your industry’s particular needs. Media Components maintains a large portfolio with large images and client information, all to help prospective clients make their decision.
- Get references from past clients. After picking what Web sites you liked the most from a web design firm’s portfolio, don’t be afraid to call its past clients. Ask them if the web design company met the deadlines that were established. Was it responsive to reasonable requests? Were problems fixed promptly? Also make sure it provided follow up service, as the job is never truly done. You will need them a couple years later if your website has any problems.
- Research the costs. This is going to be the most important question to answer because if you don’t know how much it will cost, you can’t know if it is in your budget. But, don’t just discard a company because one has a slightly less expensive price. If a company is less expensive, but delivers an inferior product, it won’t help grow your business. When getting referrals this may be a good question to ask: “how much did your company grow after the new site was launched?”
- Do they have a solid track record? The point here isn’t how long it has been in business, but how much they understand your needs. Ask for testimonials from past clients and find out how the web design company tracked results. A web design company that can show you through demonstrable examples how they have increased a company’s bottom line is worth their weight in gold.
- Communication is key. You may not be an IT guru but you don’t have to be because the company should be able to communicate to you in layman’s terms how it built a website. Ask them what methodologies it used in making a decision on how to solve a particular problem. Find out why it made a certain decisions. A good web design firm will be able to easily tell you why it made certain choices. You should never be in the dark. It is your money.
- Know what you want to accomplish. Are you trying to generate more leads or increase sales? When you know what your end goal looks like, it will be that much easier to tell the firm what you are looking to accomplish and how it can design the website you need.
These are just some of the steps necessary in choosing a Web design firm in Bucks County. But when picking a company it is important to take these steps first, before you choose. But when you choose to the right company, your business will be that much better for it.